Version 2 Control Specialist Certification Exam Review (2018)
Program Time: Approximately 90 minutes each webinar
- 24 years active service to HL7
- HL7 Volunteer of the Year award recipient
- HL7 Fellow
- Chair - HL7 Education Advisory Council
- Over 30 years experience in Health IT with focus on interoperability standards and regulations
- Manager, HIT Standards and Collaborations, New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Program Director – Certification of Professional Achievement in Health IT at Columbia University
- Also active in IHE, HIMSS, AMIA, NY Academy of Medicine, and AITP
This 2-part webinar takes a deep dive into the message definition and processing rules and data type definitions of the Control chapters of the HL7 Version 2 standards.
Note for students seeking certification:
Students are expected to prepare for the certification exam by previous study of Chapter 2 (Control) and Chapter 2A (Data Types) of the HL7 Version 2.X standard. Simply taking this or other courses will most likely not be sufficient to pass the test. We strongly recommend a combination of work group meeting participation, attendance at education sessions, field work dealing with HL7 interfaces and self-study.
Audience and Benefits
- Anyone preparing for the HL7 V 2.8 Control Specialist Certification Exam
- Interface analyst specialists and managers who need to understand the technical aspects of HL7 interfaces
Upon completion of this webinar, you will be better prepared to:
- Summarize purpose of Chapter 2 and the V2 Control Certification test.
- Describe the scope and nature of the exam.
- Practice answering test questions
- Identify key aspects of Control
- Explain how V2 Messages are defined
- Describe how messages are encoded by sender and decoded by receiver
- Identify common data types
- Describe the processing rules for message transmission and acknowledgement
- List and explain special protocols in V2.
- Introduce conformance
- Identify negative consequences that occur when the standard is not followed.