[Free, No CEUs] Military engagements abroad have created a unique landscape for practitioners who support the career development and transition of military service members. To effectively assist this population it is essential to understand the context of the military, primary career concerns of military service members, and strategies for facilitating positive growth in career development.
This presentation will focus on the integration of research and promising practices related to both the “supply” and “demand” side of employment equation. Resources will be provided.
- Recognize the basics of military and veteran culture
- Describe how the unique skills sets in service translate to the civilian workplace
- Identify strategies for creating a verteran friendly career development and transition plan
- Explain barriers faced by veteran during the transition process
- Explain action steps to support successful transition to the civilian workplace
Lisa Stern, MS
Here's what attendees said...
"Speaker was very interesting and informative. Her presentation 'came to life' and was very relevant and useful. Can't wait till her dissertation is available!"
"Very enlightening and well presented. Ms. Stern spoke from first-hand knowledge in a very entertaining, but informative, style."