[No CEs] Join Dr. Michel Lacerte and Nancy Gowan for a discussion about the history of disability management in North America with the initial focus on the early pioneers in the field. Additionally, participants will explore how disability management has changed over time with the introduction of the ADA, certification programs and the legal environment. Finally, the discussion will turn to contemporary integrated disability management, opportunities and challenges for the future.
- Recognize the initial purpose of disability management.
- Distinguish between claim and case management demands.
- Understand the demands of the legal framework.
- Identify the players and roles of the disability management team.
- Prepare a strategy to meet future DM work opportunities and challenges