[No CEs] The rehabilitation pathway and options for individuals with upper limb loss is often not well defined. Many new advances in the prosthetic technologies available to individuals with upper limb loss have occurred in the past few years. There are now exciting new options for patients who may not have been considered as candidates for prostheses in the past. However, technology alone does not necessarily guarantee a good patient outcome. Join us for a review of these contemporary upper limb prosthetic technologies and the factors that contribute to successful upper limb prosthetic rehabilitation.
- Participants will be able to describe the current upper limb prosthetic technologies including:
- partial hand/finger
- multi-articulated terminal devices
- pattern recognition control
- Participants will gain an understanding of the importance of clinical competency of the prosthetist in treating upper limb loss
- Participants will be able to explain the importance of the holistic approach to treating the upper limb loss patient population