Please click on the Resources tab above to access all references and links mentioned in the presentation.
At the end of this presentation, participants should be better able to:
- Identify patients who are at a higher risk of developing Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions (COPCs).
- Summarize the underlying disease mechanisms common across COPCs.
- Perform a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment for chronic pain, which includes common non-pain comorbidities and domains, such as sleep, mood, fatigue, cognitive impairment and physical and social function.
- List and contrast common pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatment approaches for COPCs and chronic pain.
- Formulate and employ individualized multimodal treatment regimens that address affected pain and non-pain domains and use validated tools to measure outcomes.