IFMA Foodservice Fundamentals™ is the industry’s premier training for newcomers to foodservice. We’ve curated an on-demand course that brings the classroom directly to you. This engaging and interactive course will accelerate your knowledge and understanding of foodservice. You’ll learn how foodservice works, hear perspectives directly from the operator, and complete knowledge retention assessments. Additionally, you will receive all the information from the course in PDF format.
At the end of the course, each attendee will receive a personal certificate of completion.
This course includes 5 lessons, with an average duration of 40 minutes each. In total, the course takes about 3.5 hours to complete. Each lesson includes an assessment to ensure you learned the key details.
People new to foodservice, from all functional areas, will benefit the most from this course.
This five-lesson course will provide you with the same in-depth knowledge thousands of foodservice professionals who have previously taken the in-person class received, including:
- Foodservice Definitions and Structure: Learn the size of the industry and key terminology
- Foodservice Value Chain: Understand how a case moves from the manufacturer warehouse to the end-user
- Restaurant Segments: Learn about Quick Service, Fast Casual, Midscale, and Casual Dining segments
- Retail Foodservice: Learn about the role of Convenience Stores and Retailers in the foodservice market
- On-Site Segments: Learn about the non-restaurant segments in foodservice, such as healthcare, primary and secondary schools, and colleges and universities
Presenters / Speakers
Director, Innovation and Insights
Nicole joined Datassential in 2012 after 15 years as Director of Custom Research at The NPD Group. She holds a Master’s Degree in Experimental Psychology and Statistics from Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville.
Senior Director of Insights & Best Practices
Charlie’s foodservice career includes experience with both manufacturers and with US Foods. His career began with The NPD Group where he managed clients’ consumer research needs. He translated that experience into consumer and operator insights roles with Unilever Foodsolutions and Sara Lee Foodservice before joining US Foods. At US Foods, he managed their research needs and developed their one-to-one marketing promotion, My Kitchen.
Limited Time Offer through September 23 – discount will be applied at checkout.
Course is open for 60 days from date of purchase.
Non-IFMA Members: Contact Sandra Sierra ( firstname.lastname@example.org) for pricing and registration.
For all other questions, contact Charlie McConnell (email@example.com).