Date: March 22, 2022
Time: 8:30am – 3:30pm Central Time
Location: Westin Hotel in Rosemont, IL
IFMA Foodservice Fundamentals™ is the industry’s premier training for newcomers to foodservice. This engaging and interactive course will accelerate your knowledge and understanding of foodservice. You’ll learn how foodservice works, hear perspectives directly from operators, and participate in group discussions. Once the course is over, you will receive a signed Certificate of Completion to recognize your learning.
Each section of the course introduces you to another operator segment of the foodservice industry until you have a holistic understanding of how different business types purchase and menu foods and beverages.
• Foodservice Definitions and Structure: Learn the size of the industry and key terminology
• Foodservice Value Chain: Understand how a case moves from the manufacturer warehouse to the end-user
• Restaurant Segments: Learn about Quick Service, Fast Casual, Midscale, and Casual Dining segments
• On-Site Foodservice Segments: Learn about the non-restaurant segments in foodservice, such as healthcare, primary and secondary schools, and colleges and universities
• IFMA Tools Demonstration: Learn about the different tools and resources available to IFMA member companies
• Foodservice Leadership Councils: Hear a recap of the key themes impacting operators from five foodservice segments, offering you an inside peek from their point of view.
Presenters / Speakers
Director, Innovation and Insights
Nicole joined Datassential in 2012 after 15 years as Director of Custom Research at The NPD Group. She holds a Master’s Degree in Experimental Psychology and Statistics from Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville.
Senior Director of Insights & Best Practices
Charlie’s foodservice career includes experience with both manufacturers and with US Foods. His career began with The NPD Group where he managed clients’ consumer research needs. He translated that experience into consumer and operator insights roles with Unilever Foodsolutions and Sara Lee Foodservice before joining US Foods. At US Foods, he managed their research needs and developed their one-to-one marketing promotion, My Kitchen.