Inns are responsively and responsibly postponing or cancelling their regularly scheduled in-person meetings. However, there are many ways to get together in a virtual environment.
Here are some ideas and resources for holding an "alternative" meeting:
- Hold a simple conference call using firm or free conference call services.
- Use a virtual meeting platform to add visual interaction (web cams, pre-recorded video, or PowerPoint presentations). Most platforms have some kind of interactive component, such as "hand-raising," polling or chat boxes.
- Consider having your Pupillage Teams record their session, either on their phones, or via a virtual meeting platform. The recording can be shared in a variety of ways.
- Organize a Virtual Inn Meeting using a variety of these tools - it can be set up so as to facilitate the earning of CLE credit, Q&A and even a little collegial networking.
- Ask your Chapter Relations Director about all the different ways the American Inns of Court can support you and your Inn members during this chaotic and confusing time. Together, we can attempt to make social distancing merely distant socializing!
- Ernest Barrens: Northeast Region (CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT)
- Michelle Runge: Mid-Atlantic Region (DC, DE, KY, MD, MI, OH, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV)
- Anne Paul: Midwest Region (AR, IA, IL, IN, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, OK, SD, TX, WI)
- Pam Wittmann: Southeast Region (AL, FL, GA, LA, MS)
- Caryn Worcester: Western Region (AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY and Guam)
—The American Inns of Court