COURSE OVERVIEW:Technology can increase the ease and productivity of your law practice, as well as support the practice of law in a virtual environment. Whether due to a pandemic, illness or hospitalization, fire, flood or other challenges that make traditional face-to-face practice of law either difficult or impossible, technology exists to help you meet the needs of your clients and the courts under almost any condition.
This program's content is focused on technology that allows for business continuity and sustainability. While the information is helpful for anyone practicing law - whether from the Bench or the Bar - it is particularly useful for small firms or solo practitioners.
This program is not meant to "sell" a particular technology or company, but we do share specifics based on success and usefulness as deemed by Inn members. If you are a vendor, please contact us and we'd be happy to include your product in the appropriate resources area; if you are an Inn member who knows of a particularly useful technology that has not been shared, please let us know so we can include it!
THE COURSE IS PRESENTED IN four MAIN SECTIONS:
- Practice Management
- Legal Research
- File and Document Management
- Litigation Support
While the program that inspired this course originally took place in Florida, the content is relevant and applicable to most jurisdictions; however, it is always a good idea to check specifics in your own location.
CLE Eligibility:This program is designed to be eligible for 1.5 general CLE hours.
- It has been approved in Pennsylvania.
- It has been approved in Texas.
- It has been approved in Louisiana.
- It has been approved in Tennessee.
- Complete the Knowledge Check.
- Fill out the (5 minute long) evaluation (TEXANS! You have your own evaluation!!).
If you are self-reporting in other jurisdictions:
- Print out your personalized certificate (tied to the submission of the evaluation).
- Download the course description and faculty bios document.
- Self-report your attendance by submitting the appropriate jurisdictional forms along with these documents to your CLE body; please let us know if they require anything additional.