Program-in-a-BoxThe Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts has created this as a an outreach and educational opportunity which provides every tool needed to conduct this program in your own community.
- Background info for judges, attorneys and teachers
- Participant questionnaire
- Release forms
- Agendas by case
- Facilitator/Volunteer guides
- Reality Check quiz and answer key
- Self-Reflection activity
- Setting Ground Rules activity
- Participant handouts
- Student evaluation form
- Organizer: 2 - 5 hours a week to recruit volunteers and students, manage registration, group assignments, find and prepare space, plan meals/snacks, etc.
- Teachers: No classroom preparation for students or teachers. All preparation is incorporated into the courtroom event.
- Court: The program requires approximately three hours – from orientation to adjournment - of courtroom access.
- Volunteers: Expect an additional 3 - 5 hours of preparation time to become familiar with the content and understand the logistics of the program.