In order to achieve this vision, the American Inns of Court aims to inspire the legal community to advance the rule of law by achieving the highest level of professionalism through example, education, and mentoring.
The Vision of the American Inns of Court is a legal profession and judiciary dedicated to professionalism, ethics, civility, and excellence.
While the concept of civility in the law is broad, this certificate course is designed to help attorneys focus on pragmatic ways to incorporate and apply civility into their practice of law.
During this experience, you will:
- Learn about the role civility has played throughout history and its continued relevance.
- Explore the interconnectedness of law and civility.
- Review commonly accepted challenges in modern practice.
- Make connections between civility in the profession and lawyer well-being.
- Consider the value of putting civility at the heart of civics education.
- Investigate the relationship between civility and public confidence in the courts.
- Determine if mandating civility as a requirement for practicing law is a net positive.
This facilitated self-study learning experience is unique and robust.
The course provides an opportunity for engaging, personalized education.
- The course runs from October 15 - November 17, 2023.
- Each module will have multiple opportunities to contribute to various discussion threads.
- There are two webinars that participants are required to attend.
- You can earn up to 7 CLE credit hours in most jurisdictions.
- Completion garners you a "Civility in Practice" certificate from the American Inns of Court.
CLE EligibilityCLE credit will be sought for registrants only. You could earn up to 7 credit hours. If you are unsure if this program will be approved in your state or have any questions, please contact us before taking the time to register for this program.
AIC Alumni: $625 (contact us for a code!)