The presenter will provide an update on the status of the ISASecure® program. ISASecure continues to evolve based on feedback from cybersecurity experts from certification bodies, asset-owners, tool suppliers, and automation technology suppliers.
Attendees will be interested in recent developments including:
- Change to maintenance of certification policy which aligns more closely with the security lifecycle foundations of ISA/IEC 62443 and is less burdensome for suppliers.
- Change to third party testing approach, significantly reducing costs and burden to suppliers.
- Reduction in logo/registation fees and more closely aligning with the security lifecycle foundations of ISA/IEC 62443.
- Retirement of CRT tool recognition program.
- Collaboration with industry groups and new initiatives
Presenter: Andre Ristano
Mr. Ristaino is Managing Director of the ISA Automation Standards Compliance Institute based in RTP, North Carolina. He provides staff leadership for ISA’s conformance certification programs, including the ISASecure ® control systems certification program managed under the ISA Security Compliance Institute.
Mr. Ristaino is an international presenter on the IEC 62443 standards and control systems certification. He is an invited expert to the ERNCIP in support of the EU control systems cybersecurity certification initiative, an advisor for an ORNL research project on malware in the bulk electric distribution network, an invited presenter on cybersecurity and wireless technology at ARC Forums, and has published articles in the ISA InTech magazine.
Prior to ISA, Mr. Ristaino held positions at NEMA, Renaissance Worldwide, and Deloitte & Touche Consulting’s Advanced Manufacturing Technology Group where he was a recognized leader in system lifecycle methodologies. Industries served include state and local government, utilities, USAF-LC, discrete manufacturing, and pharmaceutical and FDA-regulated manufacturing sites.
Mr. Ristaino earned a BS in Business Management from the University of Maryland, College Park and an MS in Computer Systems Applications from the American University in Washington DC with a focus on expert systems and artificial intelligence. Mr. Ristaino holds an APICS CPIM certification.