Skip to main content

Course 304 – When Public Agencies Collide

Course Number: C304 - Online
Course Title: When Public Agencies Collide
Course Level: Intermediate
IRWA Credit Units: 8 QEU / CEU*
*QEU (qualifying education units) and CEU (continuing education units)
Prerequisites: IRWA Course 213 "Conflict Management”, or equivalent
Price: $265 USD for members / $330 USD for non-members

Course Description
This managerial course presents sources of, and solutions, to conflicts between public agencies. The course is interactive and utilizes a progressively complex participant exercise. The goal of the course is to provide participants with insights and tools for avoiding, resolving and managing conflicts in the public sector.

  • New SR/WA: An intermediate elective course that can be applied towards the RWP certification or the SR/WA designation.

  • Sources of Public Agency (PA) conflict
  • Personality and behavior factors
  • Primary drivers (motivators) of PA's
  • The role of bureaucracies
  • The influence of politics
  • Processes for conflict resolution

Course Tuition includes
Participant Manual (in PDF format; available for download)

Who should take this course
This course is designed for right of way managers and staff who seek enhanced skills at resolving conflict within or between public agencies and utilities.

Anytime you purchase an online class at IRWA University, you have one year from the date of purchase to complete your class. After that time, the class will no longer be accessible. Your progress is saved, however, it is highly recommended that you finish the class as soon as possible from the date of purchase to ensure high retention and application rate of knowledge and skills learned.

All participants will receive a total of 2 attempts to pass the exam with a score of a 75% or better. If a passing grade is not achieved by the second attempt, the participant must re-purchase the class if he or she wishes to take the exam a third time. Please note, IRWA online classes are not approved for State QE or CE credit.