|2023 November||Call for topic proposals|
|2023 December 15||Topic proposals due to ISOQOL|
|2024 January||Notification from ISOQOL to submitters of selected topic|
Staff and symposium
co-chair planning begins
|2025 May||Live Virtual Symposium|
Beginning in 2025, ISOQOL will be holding 2 virtual symposia per year. Submissions for the virtual symposium held in May 2025 are open November 2023 through December 2023.
ISOQOL is seeking to identify and address topics of importance to our members and the HRQL field. Topics may be:
- a particular application (e.g., Clinical Practice, Clinical Trials, Observational Research... )
- a specific disease area (e.g., Neurology, Cardiology, Mental Health... )
- a particular population (e.g., Children, Caregivers, Patients... )
- a particular methodology
- or a combination of the four
Upon submitting a topic proposal, you are indicating your intent to serve as a co-chair of the virtual symposium and develop the direction of the symposium (commitment noted below). Please indicate who the co-chairs (two) are in the proposal. Two-three co-chairs are needed to organize a symposium.
Co-chairs work with ISOQOL Staff and are responsible for:
- Developing a program outline with topics
- Developing the curriculum
- Developing session learning objectives
- Proposing speakers/presenters
- Attending monthly/biweekly calls with staff & speakers
- Review speaker presentations/content and provide feedback
- Moderate sessions on live days
Within 15 months of planning:
- 10 monthly calls with ISOQOL staff and co-chairs
- Monthly calls (4 months prior to the live event) with ISOQOL staff and speakers from each session.
- Within 15 months of planning:
- Formally invite possible speakers
- Collect speakers' materials and documents
- Keep co-chairs and speakers to planning timeline
- Schedule, host and attend all planning calls (Zoom/Microsoft Teams)
- Send reminders to participants
- Provide logistical support
- Create and manage marketing
- Open and manage registration
Items to consider when proposing a virtual symposium:
As much as possible, incorporate these responses in your proposal:
- Why was the content chosen and how is it relevant to ISOQOL’s mission/vision ?
- How does this proposal differ from, or build upon, previous virtual symposia topics and ISOQOL webinars with similar content?
- What steps are taken to ensure state-of the-art concerns and methods are included?
- For proposed speakers, consider including a range of levels of experience ( e.g., senior investigators, early careers investigators).
- Symposium Length: Virtual Symposium take place over the course of two days. Your concept should have enough content to fill 3-4 hours per day (total 6-8 hours of content). This should include two 15 minute breaks any other interactive components (i.e., Chat, Breakouts, Q&A, etc.).
View Proposal Questions Here
This link is for reference only. All proposals should be submitted via the online form linked below.