An ITE Learning Hub Webinar
This webinar will introduce the soon-to-be released, ITE informational report, Transit and Traffic Impact Studies State of the Practice, prepared as a collaborative effort over a period of several years by a project committee of the ITE Transit Standing Committee of the Complete Streets Council. The report is intended to fill a major gap in the area of addressing transit service in site traffic impact studies and the findings may have equal applicability to other types of transportation studies as well.
During the webinar, presenters, also primary contributors of the report, will delve into how the report will help local jurisdiction staff and transportation consultants who are responsible for scoping the Traffic Impact Studies to: 1) develop the scope of work describing the issues to be addressed; 2) identify the metrics and thresholds to be used in the analysis; and 3) write the local agency policy and guidelines that practitioners must follow in conducting these studies.
- Understand why considering transit in TIS is important for communities large and small;
- Learn the status of the current state of the practice (SOP) on considering transit in TIS;
- Identify five key areas where transit should be considered in a typical TIS and corresponding city policies;
- Introduce examples of best practices, including metrics, thresholds, and mitigation measures to foster transit;
- Learn how to tailor best practice concepts to your community; and
- The webinar will also provide an opportunity to learn from/share with your peers about emerging or other methodologies of considering transit in TIS
This fee includes an archived recording, a webinar evaluation and a certificate.
PDF of Presentations:
Webinar Contributors typically provide a PDF of their presentations; but this may vary on a case by case basis. If they are provided, ITE will upload the presentations into the resources tab of this event..
PDH/CM Credit: 1.5
You have 60 days to view this webinar following purchase.