This webinar will be a conversation among thought leaders in the profession on Safe Systems in transportation on how the Safe Systems approach may apply in the US. This webinar is hosted by ITE on behalf of the Road to Zero Coalition to introduce the concept of Safe Systems and provide foundations for how it may apply in the US.
Hear from Jeff Paniati, Executive Director and CEO of ITE, Robert Wunderlich, Director, Center for Transportation Safety at Texas A&M Transportation Institute, and Dr. David Harkey, President of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and Highway Loss Data Institute, about how the Safe Systems approach applies to roadway owners and vehicle design and technology.
- Be introduced to Safe Systems as an approach in the US.
- Recognize foundations and elements of Safe Systems.
- Describe how Safe Systems may apply to roadway owners and operators in the US.
- Examine how vehicle design and technology are playing a role in Safe Systems.
- Jeff Paniati, P.E., Executive Director and CEO | ITE
- Robert Wunderlich, P.E., Director | Center for Transportation Safety, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Dr. David Harkey, President | IIHS/HLDI
This includes a live web event, an archived recording, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credits and a certificate of completion.
How to earn PDH/AICP Credit
The certificate of completion and 1.5 PDH and 1.5 AICP credits will be made available to the registrant after you have attended the webinar and the evaluation has been completed.
Recordings are available for 30 days following the day of the live event for anyone who registers for the course. Additional attendees at one location are not eligible to earn PDH credit for viewing an archived recording.