This webinar was developed by the ITE Transit Standing Committee.
This webinar will focus on planning for public transit in the new world of both fixed route and on-demand services, from considerations in transportation and investment planning to trends in Mobility as a Service and Mobility on Demand (Maas/MOD) to COVID-19 social distancing. This webinar will provide practices and lessons learned on multi-modal transportation, introduction of transportation network companies (TNC) and operation of Maas/MOD, and scaling transit based on demand and health concerns due to COVID-19.
Ehren Bingaman from Transpro Consult will highlight how to evaluate public transit services from a cost/benefit point of view to redesign bus services and on-demand services toward more valuable options for the public. Dan Berkovits from VIA will demonstrate how a TNC can plan for on-demand services in their city to improve the effectiveness of shared mobility and public transit. Andy Kosinski from Fehr and Peers and Chris Pangilian from Uber will highlight how data from various public transit and TNC services can be analyzed for a better multimodal trips overall.
This webinar will answer questions like: How should public transit planning be considered in infrastructure investments and reducing congestion? How do you balance fixed route and on-demand public transit in the decision making process? With shifts in travel patterns and behaviors from MaaS/MOD, how do transportation professionals plan for efficient and effective public transit? How do you adjust and plan for shifts in public transit and TNCs due to on-going COVID-19 social distancing?
- Name the principles of transit planning and how they apply to fixed route and on-demand services.
- Describe how MaaS/MOD and on-demand services can complement public transit leading to higher mode share.
- Highlight how data can be used to understand travel patterns, transit usages and mode choice in changes to transit.
- Explain adapting to sudden shifts in travel patterns, usage and behavior due to events like the introduction of Maas/MOD and COVID-19 social distancing requirements.
- Recognize how on-demand transit services can contribute to reducing congestion and be an alternative to large infrastructure projects.
- Ehren Bingaman, Principal | Transpro Consulting
- Dan Berkovits, Director of Strategy | VIA
- Andy Kosinski, Associate | Fehr & Peers Transportation Consultants
- Chris Pangilinan, Head of Global Policy for Public Transportation | Uber
- Arjan Van Andel, Director Smart City Solutions: Public Transit and Shared Mobility | PTV America
ITE Members: $49.00
This includes a live web event, an archived recording with access for 30 days, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credits and a certificate of completion
Additional Attendees at one Location:
Additional Live Webinar Attendees at one location are eligible for earning credit for attending. There is a processing fee of $15 members/$25 non-members. Instructions will be provided during the webinar.
How to earn PDH Credit:
The credit certificate of completion and 1.5 PDH credits will be made available to the registrant after you have attended the webinar and the evaluation has been completed.
Recordings are available for 30 days following the date of the recording posted. Additional attendees at one location are not eligible to earn PDH credit for viewing an archived recording.
Policy: Once this webinar recording is made available on-demand it will have a shelf life of 60 days to view before it is archived. Register Now before it's too late!
Webinar Recording Available for Purchase until August 13, 2020.