Sponsored by the USDOT, Joint Program Office, Transportation Safety Advancement Group.
Traffic or transportation management centers (TMCs) are the heart of operations for most transportation agencies. They monitor and evaluate conditions on the transportation system through cameras, detectors, and other instrumentation, and they operate the system through traffic control and information distribution. Public safety answering points (PSAPs) are the communication centers for public safety response agencies, receiving 911 calls, dispatching responders and resources, and monitoring incident communications. They each use communication and data systems that are rarely integrated to share data and enhance agency efficiency and response effectiveness. This webinar looks at the opportunities for integrating TMCs and PSAPs, examples of integration initiatives in Minnesota and at the U.S. Canadian border in New York, and some of the benefits and challenges of integration.
- Understand the types and levels of TMC-PSAP integration
- Identify benefits and challenges of integration
- Look at examples of center-to-center integration
- Explore additional research needs
- Pat Noyes, Principal | Pat Noyes & Associates, Boulder, CO, USA
- Athena Hutchins, Executive Director | Niagara International Transportation Technology Coalition, Buffalo, NY, USA
- John McClellan, Freeway Operations Supervisor | Minnesota Department of Transportation, St. Paul, MN, USA
Registration for this webinar includes an archived recording, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credits, and a certificate of completion.
You must have an account to access the webinar. Click the Purchase button below (will show as $0.00 upon checkout) and then Create an Account here.
How to earn PDH Credit:
The credit certificate of completion and 1.5 PDH credits will be made available to the registrant after you have attended the webinar and the evaluation has been completed.
Recordings are available for 30 days following the date of the recording posted. Additional attendees at one location are not eligible to earn PDH credit for viewing an archived recording.