The live event has ended. Recording now available to stream.
With the evolution of shared mobility, commercial docking, and pending connected and automated vehicle (CAV) demands competing with traditional parking at the curb, many cities have started to redefine their curbside management practices. This session will guide participants on how to assess their jurisdiction’s ability to manage this change, mapping a path forward towards a successful curbside management program. Attendees will also have the opportunity to use a tool to self-assess their jurisdiction’s parking / curbside management program.
- Define a successful, sustainable curbside management program
- Understand which elements of a street’s right-of-way should be considered when assessing a curbside management program
- Summarize the toolbox and methods to achieve sustainable curb use
- Benito O. Pérez, AICP CTP CPM CAPP, Curbside Management & Operations Planning Manager, District Department of Transportation and David Carson Lipscomb,Curbside Management Planner, District Department of Transportation
- Mary Catherine Snyder,Parking Strategist, Seattle Department of Transportation
- Michael Sawyer,City Transportation Engineer and Vision Zero Coordinator, City of Richmond, Virginia
- Graham Young, Complete Streets Manager, City of Baltimore, Maryland
To earn your credits, you must view the session and complete the associated evaluation. Once your evaluation is completed, your certificate will be available in your ITE Learning Hub account.