The live event has ended. Recording now available to stream.
A summary of the planned ITE Bicycle Signal Resource Hub will be presented, explaining the various topics to be included, followed by presentation of two key case studies (Portland and Minneapolis) . Practical approaches to developing a crosswalk policy, proactively improving pedestrian safety, and prioritizing locations Implementation will also be described, highlighting the latest guidance on crosswalk enhancements to make your jurisdiction’s crossings safer.
- Become familiar with the information to be included in ITE’s Bicycle Signal Resource Hub
- Describe specific bicycle signal applications from the case studies presented
- Explain the importance of developing a crosswalk policy for local jurisdictions
- Understand the tools that are available to approach pedestrian crossing safety holistically and the various resources for choosing appropriate crosswalk treatments
- Peter Koonce, P.E., Principal Engineer, Portland Bureau of Transportation
- Scott Poska, P.E., PTOE, RSP1, Senior Traffic Engineer, Alliant Engineering, Inc.
- Ryan McClain, P.E., Principal, Fehr & Peers
- Trey Tillander, P.E., Director, Traffic Engineering and Operations, Florida Department of Transportation
To earn your credits, you must view the session and complete the associated evaluation. Once your evaluation is completed, your certificate will be available in your ITE Learning Hub account.