The live event has ended. Recording now available to stream.
PDH/CM Credits: 1.5
To receive PDH/CM credits, please complete the associated evaluation linked here. Once completed, your certificate will appear in your ITE Learning Hub account.
This week's sessions are sponsored by
This panel session explores the unique needs, opportunities and challenges to providing Transportation System Management and Operations (TSMO) planning in rural areas. The panel brings experts representing small and large agencies, all currently completing distinct rural TSMO planning efforts.
- Provide example of embedding both urban and rural ITS needs into the TSMO plan
- Explore managing limited workforce resources in rural areas and how to customize the needs and priorities for the districts
- Learn about making the business case for funding rural TSMO growth
Moderator: Susie Serres, Operations Group Manager, DKS
- Justin Belk, P.E., Integrated Corridor Operations Engineer and Pamela Vasudeva, Acting Statewide TSMO Development Engineer, Washington State Department of Transportation, Olympia, Washington
- David Hirsch, P.E., PTOE, Region 4 Traffic Operations Engineer, Oregon Department of Transportation, Bend, Oregon
- Stacy Shetler, P.E., County Engineer, Washington County (OR), Hillsboro, Oregon
- Jeff Miles, P.E., PTOE, Transportation Engineer IV, Texas Department of Transportation, Bryan, Texas
- Dennis Mitchell, P.E., Regional Director of Transportation Technology, DKS Associates, Portland, Oregon