The live event has ended. Recording now available to stream.
PDH/CM Credits: 1.5
To receive PDH/CM credits, please complete the associated evaluation linked here. Once completed, your certificate will appear in your ITE Learning Hub account.
This week's sessions are sponsored by
Various temporary activities impact the safety and operation of roadways including special events, construction and adverse weather. This session presents information on the performance of work zones, stadium transportation plans and analytical methods to assess evacuations.
- Describe the key elements of a stadium transportation plan.
- Summarize closure policies for streets and sidewalk in the context of equity and safety.
- Explain the use of analytical tools and performance measures to support evacuations and construction projects.
Moderator: Melisa Finley, P.E., Research Engineer, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Presentation Titles & Speakers:
- “The SoFi Stadium Transportation Plan and Its Unique Challenges”, Tyler Krage, P.E., PTOE, Professional Traffic Engineer, Alliant Engineering, Minneapolis, Minnesota and Vanessa Munoz, P.E., PTOE, Director of Engineering, Willdan Engineering, Industry, California
- “Real-Time Traffic & Performance Management for Large Construction Projects”, Mark Masongsong, CEO & Co-Founder, UrbanLogiq, Vancouver, British Columbia
- “Work Zone Streets & Sidewalks Closure Policies: Equitable and Safe Use of the Public Right-of-Way”, Shane Binder, P.E., PTOE, RSP1, Transport Engineer, Waimakariri District Council, New Zealand and Michael Koslow, P.E., Senior Engineer, City & County of Denver, Colorado
- “A Dynamic Evacuation Analysis Tool to Handle Extreme Conditions in the City Planning Process”, Jinghua Xu, Ph.D, P.E., Senior Associate, Fehr & Peers, Irvine, California