The live event has ended. Recording is now available to stream.
PDH/CM Credits: 1.5
To receive PDH/CM credits, please complete the associated evaluation linked here. Once completed, your certificate will appear in your ITE Learning Hub account.
This week's sessions are sponsored by
This session is sponsored by
This session explored several local jurisdictions’ systematic approaches to support safe and livable streets, including street design issues, implementation of a systematic safety plan and the use of a data-driven safety approach to prioritize safety projects, and how the Highway Safety Manual has been used to effectively identify hot spots and implement a systematic plan for improvements.
- Explain how local/state jurisdictions implement proactive approaches to improving safety based on systematic roadway improvement plans
- Describe analytical techniques used to holistically evaluate crashes and safety including human actions, crash dynamics, and high injury network analyses
- Explore the implementation of low cost treatments that can be applied broadly across the roadway network to reduce crash risk
Moderator: Lindsey Van Parys, P.E., QSD/P Project Manager, GHD
Presentation Titles & Speakers:
- “Performance-Based Analysis for Safety Plan and HSIP Project Prioritization”, Dhruva Lahon, P.E., PTOE, Senior Project Manager, Kimley-Horn and Associates, Dallas, Texas
- “Systemic Safety Improvement Program in Clark County, WA”, Courtney Furman, P.E., Traffic Engineer, Clark County, Washington and Ejaz Khan, Traffic Engineer, Clark County, Washington
- “Vision Zero by 2032: Edmonton’s Safe Mobility Strategy”, Tyler Golly, P.Eng, Western Canada Market Lead, Toole Design Group, Edmonton, Alberta, and Jessica Lamarre, Director, Safe Mobility, City of Edmonton, Alberta
- “Regional Leadership in Safety: Applying the Safe System Approach on a Countywide Scale”, Marissa Milam, Transportation Engineer/Planner, Fehr & Peers, Seattle, Washington
- “Effect of Street Trees on Urban Street Safety.”, Nicholas Mesler, EIT, Transportation Analyst, Lancaster Mobley, Portland, Oregon