The live event has ended. Recording is now available to stream.
PDH/CM Credits: 1.5
To receive PDH/CM credits, please complete the associated evaluation linked here. Once completed, your certificate will appear in your ITE Learning Hub account.
This week's sessions are sponsored by
This session examines advancements in the design and application of innovative signs and markings. Real world examples and photos will be presented to document successful implementation of treatments presented. The session also helps professionals prepare for the future by identify signing and marking considerations that accommodate the needs of connected and automated vehicles.
- Explore the safety benefits of variable speed limit signing through case study applications
- Understand how low-cost signing and marking strategies can be used to improve safety
- Identify signing and marking issues introduced by vehicle automation
Moderator: Vishal Kakkad, P.E., RSP1, PTOE, Traffic Engineering Division Manager, Manatee County (Florida) Public Works
Presentation Titles & Speakers:
- “Practical Transportation Solutions to Save Lives”, Brian Chandler, P.E., PTOE, RSP2IB, PMP, National Director for Transportation Safety, DKS Associates, Seattle, Washington
- “Effectiveness of Pedestrian/School Crossing Signs with Embedded LEDs”, Kay Fitzpatrick, Ph.D, P.E., PMP, Senior Research Engineer / Program Manager / Regents Fellow, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, College Station, Texas
- “Variable Speed Limit System (VSLS)”, Cory Edgar, P.Eng, PTOE, P.E., Managing Director, PBX Engineering Ltd., Victoria, British Columbia
- “Safety Effects of a Variable Speed Limit System During Fog Events”, Michael Fontaine, P.E., Ph.D, Associate Director, Virginia Department of Transportation, Charlottesville, Virginia