The live event has ended. Recording is now available to stream.
PDH/CM Credits: 1.5
To receive PDH/CM credits, please complete the associated evaluation linked here. Once completed, your certificate will appear in your ITE Learning Hub account.
Today's sessions are sponsored by
This session highlights practical experience and lessons learned from deployment of connected vehicles as explained by the agencies themselves. Agency experiences on the panel range from the county, state, and local agency level.
- Understand how a large city can deploy Connected Vehicles at an unprecedented scale of thousands of vehicles and signals at once
- Understand how a small to medium county can incrementally implement Connected Vehicle applications
- Understand how a state DOT can implement a CV solution focused on freight across a region
Moderator: Eric Rensel, Vice President, Gannett-Fleming
Presentation Titles & Speakers:
- “Highway 52 Connected and Automated Vehicle Study - A Grassroots Study Laying the Foundation for Statewide CAV Deployments”, Jacob Folkeringa, P.E., Principal, SRF Consulting Group, Minneapolis, Minnesota and Cory Johnson, P.E., CAV / ITS Program Lead, Minnesota Department of Transportation, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- “Connected Vehicle Messaging: Lessons Learned from the WYDOT Connected Vehicle Pilot”, Shane Zumpf, Application Development Lead, Trihydro, Laramie, Wyoming
- “Preparing for Connected and Automated Vehicles: A County’s Perspective”, John Abraham, Ph.D, P.E., PTOE, Director of Traffic & Operations, Macomb County Department of Roads, Mount Clemens, Michigan and Joseph Bartus, P.E., PTOE, Senior Project Engineer, HNTB, Detroit, Michigan
- “New York City Connected Vehicle Performance Insights”, David Benevelli, P.E., Associate Vice-President, TransCore, Peachtree Corners, Georgia and Keir Opie, Principal, Cambridge Systematics, New York, New York, and Robert Rausch, Vice-President, TransCore, Richmond, Texas
- “Integrating Signal Interference, Testing and OEMs for the THEA CV Pilot Expansion”, Robert Frey, Director of Planning and Innovation, Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority, Tampa, Florida