The live event has ended. Recording is now available to stream.
PDH/CM Credits: 1.5
To receive PDH/CM credits, please complete the associated evaluation linked here. Once completed, your certificate will appear in your ITE Learning Hub account.
Today's sessions are sponsored by
This session is sponsored by
This session will highlight how transportation professionals are considering and trying to improve equity in transportation. From transportation system management and operations to sidewalk gaps, presentations will feature tools to consider equity and improve transportation options at the same time. This includes ways to involve the community in projects and ensuring public involvement in the transportation decision-making process.
- Discuss how public involvement in transportation decisions is important to equity.
- Provide ways to incorporate equity considerations in to a transportation project.
- Identify ways to consider creating more equitable communities through transportation.
Moderator: Keith Hall, P.E., PTOE, LEED AP, Principal Associate, Colliers Engineering & Design
Presentation Titles & Speakers:
- “Equity in TSMO Planning”, Briana Calhoun, Senior Transportation Planner, Fehr & Peers, Beaverton, Oregon and Caleb Winter, Program Manager, Metro, Portland, Oregon
- “Planning for the Future in Lane County with an Equity Lens using Big Data”, Kelly White, DKS Associates, Spokane Valley, Washington
- “Evaluating Success: Equity and Automated Speed Enforcement around the United States”, Taylor Whitaker, Fehr & Peers, San Jose, California
- “Maximizing the Promise of Modern Public Involvement”, Julia Colman, P.E., Transportation Engineer, Alliance Transportation Group, Inc., Austin, Texas and Adam Nodjomian, EIT, Transportation Analyst, Alliance Transportation Group, Austin, Texas
- “Bringing Equity to Infrastructure Investments- Sidewalks Case Study”, Ramandeep Josen, Asset Management Specialist, Stantec, Burlington, Massachusetts