This webinar is led by ITE Education Council.
This webinar will cover innovative and new best practices that have been identified in teaching undergraduates in recent years. This will include examples of engagement and course concepts in transportation education that have been found to be successful among undergraduate students. This webinar will cover perspectives from geography and civil engineering to understand this conversation from an interdisciplinary context.
- Understand lab-based learning to deepen the understanding of concepts, theories and methods introduced in lectures
- Understand the benefits of group projects in short-term learning and long-term career development
- Describe emerging mobile-based strategies for engaging undergraduate students in the classroom
- Understand how to develop self-growing tactics along with enhancing student involvement in the class
- Ying Song, Associate Professor, McKnight Land-Grant Professor (2021-2023) | University of Minnesota - Twin Cities | Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- Abofazl Karimpour, Assistant Professor | State University of New York Polytechnic Institute | Utica, New York, United States
ITE Members: Free
Registration for webinar includes the live event, an archived recording with access for 30 days to each registrant. If you are a non-member of ITE you will need to create an account to register. You can create an account here.
PDH Credit Certificate: If you would like PDH Credit for this webinar, there is a processing fee for each registrant of $20 regardless of membership status to receive 1.0 PDH credits certificate.
Instructions and link will be provided at the conclusion of the live event. For the on-demand recording, instructions will be provided on this course page on how to purchase the evaluation to complete and receive the PDH credit certificate. Participants are able to purchase and retrieve their certificate until their access to the content expires. After the content expires the certificate opportunity is forfeited.
All registrants will have access to the recording for 30 days once it is posted. Additional attendees at one location are not eligible to earn PDH credit for viewing an archived recording.
Additional Attendees at one Location:
Additional Live Webinar Attendees at one location are eligible for earning credit for attending. The registrant, with whom they view the webinar with, may distribute the same link they are provided to their additional attendee to purchase the PDH Credit Certificate.
How to earn PDH Credit:
See PDH Credit Certificate section above.
PDF of Presentations:
Webinar Contributors typically provide a PDF of their presentations; but this may vary on a case by case basis. If they are provided, ITE will upload the presentations into the resources tab of this event within 24 hours of the event.
Policies: The webinar recording will be made available on-demand it will have a shelf life of 60 days to register before it is archived. Participants are able to purchase and retrieve their PDH credit certificate until their access to the content expires. After the content expires and goes into archive, the PDH credit certificate opportunity is forfeited.
Last Day to Register On-Demand: January 16, 2023