The Transportation Research Board (TRB) and the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) along with the SimCap Standing Committee of the ITE Traffic Engineering Council are collaborating on outreach activities associated with the recently released Highway Capacity Manual, 6th Edition (HCM 6): A Guide for Multimodal Mobility Analysis. This fundamental webinar course will present the new analysis procedures incorporated into HCM 6 and why these tools are vital to helping analyze today’s transportation problems. This course will also discuss the implementation of the HCM 6 in various settings, such as reliability, multi-modal facilities, freeways, alternative intersections, interchanges, active traffic and demand Management, and interrupted flow facilities.
- What’s New in HCM6 and What It Means for You
- Bringing Back-of-the-Envelope Back – Introducing the new HCM Planning and Preliminary Engineering Applications Guide (PPEAG)
- Evaluating Freeway Congestion, Queuing, Work Zones, and ATDM using the HCM 6
- Estimating FAST Act Reliability Measures with the HCM 6
- Multimodal Performance – How the HCM6 can support complete streets analyses
- Intersection Control Evaluation (ICE) Part 1 – Using the HCM 6 for intersection performance evaluation
- Intersection Control Evaluation (ICE) Part 2 - Evaluating and pre-screening alternative intersection and interchange concepts using HCM6
- Corridor Planning powered by HCM
Click the titles below to learn more about each individual module.
- Individual Webinars
ITE member price: $49; non-member price: $99
(Click the unique webinar title below that is of interest to you and then click purchase. Log in is required.)
- Entire 8-Part Webinar Course
ITE member price: $249; non-member price: $499
(Click " Purchase" Below. Login is required. )
Return to this page to view the webinars that you purchased. Select the webinar that you would like to view. This should take you to a page with the recording, the evaluation, and the certificate. Click the recording title and the recording should automatically load for your viewing. Login is required.
Policies: This course is available for purchase until March 31, 2020. If you have registered before then you will have access to the material for 60 days.