The recording of this webinar is now available to purchase!
Sprawling, auto-centric development patterns following WWII caused people to want to drive through Main Streets instead of going to them. Auto-centric city streets cause congestion and crashes and encourage dependence on auto-transportation. We need to steer clear of trying to build our way out of congestion with bigger, wider, and faster intersections and roadways. Instead, we need to focus on making streets safe for all modes of transport. Transportation professionals will learn about successful strategies to re-purpose street space that accommodates all the various demands for use- cars, transit, parking, bikes, goods delivery, place-making.
Format: On-Demand Recording
- Provide an example of how to make a big multimodal impact on oversized streets with temporary, interim construction materials and methods.
- Show the evolution of the improvements from tactical urbanism pilot phase to interim phase site planning, construction documents, and then finished construction.
- Provide some lessons learned from material and construction challenges;
- Learn how small street transformations lead to big returns.
- Learn how to activate dead spaces on a small budget.
Fees: $49 ITE Members/$99 non-members
Credits: The certificate of completion and credits will be made available after you have watched the entire webinar recording and the survey has been completed.
Presentations as a PDF: Click the resources tab to download.