Thank you Sign In to enter it.
We can promote walking, bicycling, and transit by allowing users of multiple ages and abilities to feel safe and comfortable utilizing these modes to fulfill many of their day-to-day transportation needs. This starts with slowing traffic and increasing safety with traffic calming and human-scale geometric design that forces people driving to slow down and pay close attention to their surroundings. Transportation professionals will learn strategies to manage speed by designing self-enforcing roadways and setting and designing to speed limits that are appropriate for the context.
Facilitator: Bryan Jones
Speakers: Leah Shahum, Kevin Klinkenberg, and Dana Dickman
Full Biographies provided below.
Format: On-demand recording
- Understand how Vision Zero differs from a traditional traffic safety approach;
- Learn why the Safe Systems approach is gaining momentum nationwide (particularly in cities);
- Understand Vision Zero supporting work of transportation engineers & planners and the importance of walkability to transportation design and planning, and the emerging market for walkable cities.
- Discuss what is driving the market demand, what is likely to continue to do so in the future, and some specific techniques that engineers can employ that make cities safer and more viable financially.
- Fees: $49 ITE Members/$99 non-members
Credits: The certificate of completion and credits will be made available after you have watched the entire webinar recording and the survey has been completed.
Presentations as a PDF: Click the resources tab to download.