The ABCs of
Communication in Transportation: ITE’s Inaugural Online Workshop powered by
Good communication skills are an essential part of being successful and advancing your career. Yet we’ve all been frustrated when our bosses, staff, clients, constituents, and other stakeholders don’t seem to understand. We see others succeed in communicating effectively and effortlessly and wonder how they do it.
You are not alone. From a recent survey, the development of communication skills has been recognized by ITE members as a significant need. To close this gap, ITE has partnered with Shelley Row, P.E., PTOE to provide its first-ever intensive, interactive online 3-part workshop. This inaugural workshop is the practical solution transportation professionals are looking for to build confidence in all facets of communication - writing, listening, and speaking - in order to achieve their goals.
As part of the workshop, participants will:
- Learn how to write effective emails and other written communication pieces;
- Practice and develop proficiency in listening to stakeholders;
- Create and deliver powerful and persuasive presentations; and
- Gain the ability to make a positive impact on and influence your audience
What Makes this Online Workshop Different?
- Using her expertise in transportation, Shelley Row has tailored each session within this online workshop to meet the specific needs of the transportation professional.
- Unlike in-classroom instruction, this workshop is online, meaning we come to you. There is no travel necessary.
- Email reminders and bite-sized videos in the ITE Learning Hub help you apply what you’ve learned and stay on track.
- Participants can provide real-life examples and receive feedback from the instructor.
Who Should Attend?
Transportation professionals who must communicate with others orally or in writing and for whom, good communication skills are essential for success.
How to Register:
1. Click the "Sign In" button in the upper right hand corner. If you don't see your name in the upper right hand corner, then you are not signed in.
2. Click purchase below. This will reroute you to ITE's eCommerce purchasing page. Click "Register myself" and then "Proceed to Checkout".
What is Included?
- 3 live interactive web events - Click Each Session below to Learn More
- Weekly emails from the instructor with bite size tips and reminders for improving your communication skills
- Downloadable PDF Handouts
- Online discussion thread throughout the entire workshop
- 1 Student Evaluation to assess your learning and retention.
- 1 certificate of completion
- 3 PDH Credits
Policies: The individual web events within the workshop cannot be purchased separately. The live web events will be recorded and accessible to all attendees for the duration of the workshop and up until 30 days after the last live web event of the workshop ends. The recordings from this workshop will not be purchasable as an on-demand offering at a later date.