An ITE Learning Hub Live Webinar
Several studies published by the Transportation Research Board and FHWA have provided important guidance for improving pedestrian safety at uncontrolled crossing locations. This webinar will discuss key findings and lessons learned from these reports, including the following (emphasis will be placed on those marked with an *):
- Safety effects of marked versus unmarked crosswalks at uncontrolled locations: Final report and recommended guidelines. FHWA Publication (Zegeer, C. V., et. al, 2005)*
- NCHRP Report 617: Accident Modification Factors for Traffic Engineering and ITS Improvements. (2008)
- TCRP Report 112/NCHRP Report 562: Improving Pedestrian Safety at Unsignalized Crossings (2006)
- NCHRP Synthesis 498: Application of Pedestrian Crossing Treatments for Streets and Highways (2016)*
- NCHRP Report 841: Development of Crash Modification Factors for Uncontrolled Pedestrian Crossing Treatments (2017)*
Following the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Describe basic differences between uncontrolled and controlled pedestrian crossings
- Describe the basic process used to obtain crash modification factors (CMFs) for various treatments at uncontrolled pedestrian crossings.
- Identify key factors that influence pedestrian safety at uncontrolled crossings
- Identify examples of ongoing gaps in pedestrian safety research for uncontrolled crossings, and describe ways that the research community is working to fill these gaps.
$99 ITE Members/ $149 Non-members
This fee includes a live web event, access to the recording for 30 days, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credits and certificate of completion.
Additional Attendees at one Location:
Additional Live Webinar Attendees at one location are eligible for earning credit for attending. There is a processing fee of $15 members/$25 non-members. Instructions are provided during the webinar.
PDF of Presentations:
Webinar Contributors typically provide a PDF of their presentations; but this may vary on a case by case basis. If they are provided, ITE will upload the presentations into the resources tab of this event within 24 hours of the event.
Event Log-on Instructions:
On the day of the webinar, return to this page to join the live web event that you purchased. A button that prompts you to join will appear 30 minutes before the specified start time. Sign in is required.
How to earn PDH/CM Credit:
The certificate of completion and 1.5 PDH/CM credits will be made available to the registrant after you have attended the webinar and the evaluation (below) has been completed. A link to the survey is provided during the webinar. Save that link for completing at the end of the webinar.
Recordings are available for 30 days following the day of the live event for anyone who purchases the course. Additional attendees at one location are not eligible to earn PDH credit for viewing a recording.