Evidence-Based Instructional Practices for the Professor:
Strategies to Integrate into the Transportation Curriculum
An ITE Learning Hub Webinar
Developed by the Transportation Education Council
Now available to purchase and stream on-demand!
This webinar will discuss how integrating podcasts and online videos/sources in graduate and undergraduate courses will address breadth of transportation topics . Attendees will learn how including online sources in the curriculum will enhance critical thinking as it relates to transportation engineering and/or planning. The presenters will also discuss the integration of student-centered learning (SCL) into the transportation curriculum. Attendees will learn the basic concepts and methods of SCL, including an example of how it has been applied within a transportation curriculum.
- Participants will be able to identify online material available for use in undergraduate and graduate transportation courses.
- Participants will be able to use online sources to develop breadth of transportation topics in their courses.
- Participants will be able to use online sources to develop students’ critical thinking skills as it relates to transportation engineering.
- Understand the basic concepts of student centered learning
- Understand methods and example of SCL within a transportation curriculum
- Review methods of assessment within an SCL framework.
Rhonda K Young, P.E., PhD , Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA,USA
This fee includes a webinar recording, PDF of presentation, webinar evaluation, and certificate of completion. The recording is available to stream (not download) in the learning hub upon purchase.
To access the Presentation(s) as a PDF, click the resources tab above (following purchase). Login Required.
Return to the Course Page for Evaluation and Certificate