Recorded May 18 - June 15, 2021
Listen in! Five Weeks of Speakers Available On-Demand:
|May 18, 2021||Keynote Speaker: Linkage Between Social Inequality and Health Disparities|
|May 25, 2021||Keynote Speaker: Health Inequity in Our Own Backyard|
|June 1, 2021||Community Resilience Case Study: Physician Leaders of the African American Response Circle (AARC)|
|June 8, 2021||A Strategic Approach Case Study: Actions Taken By a Large Medical Group|
|June 15, 2021||Leadership in Action Case Study: Kedren Community Health Center|
- Understand the linkage between inequity and health disparities.
- Identify specific demographics of the Bay Area affected by health equity.
- Gain an understanding the health impacts of the social determinants of health
- Gain an understanding of the effects of health equity on racial and ethnic minority groups.
- Discuss the role of economic opportunity on individual health and on community health
- Gain the ability to reference resources in practice and highlight examples of effective strategies to improve patient outcomes.
- Identify gaps in policies contributing to health disparities.