This paper discusses the drivers, goals, opportunities and challenges related to the Smart Manufacturing roadmap for manufacturers. The paper also discusses related efforts towards Smart Manufacturing by multiple organizations that bring together manufacturers, technologies and information systems. Organizations like MESA (Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association) are working on initiatives to coordinate the convergence of technologies and realize the process improvement potential sooner rather than later.
Date Published: January 2016
- Mike Hannah, Rockwell Automation
- Mike James, ATS Global
- Stu Johnson, Plex Systems
- Conrad Leiva, iBASEt
- Andre Michel, Efficient Plant
- Dave Noller, IBM
- Frank Riddick, NIST
- Darren Riley, Dassault Systemes
- Evan Wallace, NIST
- Brad Williams, PTC
- Luigi De Bernardini, Autoware S.r.l.
- Dennis Brandl, BR&L Consulting
- Trever White, Toyota
- Mike Yost, MESA International