Course DescriptionThis course will provide an introduction to Smart Manufacturing, the logical progression of all previous eras known as Industrial Revolutions. It will outline the Who, What, Why and When of Smart Manufacturing, as well as provide an overview of a number of organizations involved in this movement to the future. The course is aimed at a diverse group of professionals, but has a median job position of mid-level manager as the primary target audience.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define answers to questions such as "What's in it for me?", "Why now?", "Why me?", and "What are the challenges and goals of Smart Manufacturing"
- Explain the background to Smart Manufacturing
- Define the terms: "Smart Manufacturing", "The Fourth Industrial Revolution," Internet of Things (IoT)", "Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)"
- Identify some of the communications and standards being developed for Smart Manufacturing and the organizations involved in developing the technologies for Smart Manufacturing
Note: Complete each module below until you see a check mark next to the module. Once the entire list is checked you can earn the Certificate.
- Smart Manufacturing Intro Course
- 75-minute complete course time
- 1 Survey
- MESA White Paper
- Certificate of Completion
- Access on all devices
MESA's Collaborative Manufacturing Dictionary included with the purchase of all online courses!
$245.00 - $495.00