Title: The Intersection of CMH IMH Home Visiting and Parenting Young Children:
A professional space to explore experiences of providing IMH Home Visiting in the public mental health system, while also parenting infants and very young children.
The MI-AIMH Statewide Committee was thrilled to offer two half day training sessions with Julie Ribaudo in spring 2023. During those training sessions, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), heard about how challenging it has been for IMH Home Visitors who work in the public mental health system, who are also parents of little ones. As a result, MDHHS is supporting this endeavor for IMH Home Visiting providers in the public mental health system with a child under 4 years old, to attend supportive collaborative groups.
MI-AIMH and MDHHS recognizes this is long overdue – IMH Home Visiting is challenging and can be evocative when you have you are raising your own very young children We know many get by through support of coworkers, Reflective Supervision etc. but these new groups aim to offer an additional support to those who have had to parent very young children, or give birth during, the COVID-19 Pandemic and all the extra challenges of that experience.
- Must work as an Infant Mental Health Home Visiting Professional in the public mental health system
- Be a MI-AIMH Member
- Be a parent of a child under four years old
While there is no cost to attend, registration is required. Space is limited, and attendees are encouraged to do their best to attend all 3 sessions. CEUS will not be offered. Note that groups will be provided virtually, via Zoom.
Genie Lewis, LMSW, IMH-E®
Date and Time: 9am - 10am (ET)
- October 13, 20, 27, 2023
- You have to have a MI-AIMH RELATE user account to register. If you need to create your account, click on the "sign-up" in the top right corner.
- Click on the ADD TO CART below - to "purchase/add" the event. If you are NOT seeing the option to add to cart - you are likely not signed in. Click "sign-in" in the top right corner.
- Finalize your FREE purchase to complete your event registration.
- You will be automatically registered for all three group days.
Registration deadlines: Registration will close on October 9, 2023
Email Confirmations: Registrants will receive emails and reminders depending on when they register. Emails come from BlueSky but will have MI-AIMH in the subject. Please be sure to check your JUNK/SPAM folder if you are not seeing emails.
Registrants will receive an email each morning before the event with access to join Zoom. Please be sure to use the correct email for the correct day as zoom links are unique to each day.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Laura, email@example.com