The 2018 NAB Show provided an exciting opportunity to witness ATSC 3.0 developments in action. There were a myriad of demonstrations by different parties. Whether it was over-the-air reception in an autonomous shuttle, interactive content being delivered over-the-air, or a demonstration showing interoperability of ATSC 3.0 applications across multiple TV set manufacturers, NAB Show was a proving ground for what is possible with this new standard.
Next Gen TV on the Rise provides viewers with an overview of the ATSC 3.0-related technologies that were demonstrated at NAB Show, a discussion of the lessons learned, and a look towards what comes next.
- The webcast will include discussion of the following 2018 NAB Show presentations:
- Over-the-air reception of Next-Gen TV in an autonomous shuttle
- Advanced ad targeting and insertion
- Over-the-air interactive application delivery
- Interoperability of ATSC 3.0 applications across set manufacturers
- Advanced emergency alerting
- Next-Gen TV testing in progress or planned
Our panel includes:
- Skip Pizzi, Vice President, Technology Education and Outreach, NAB (moderator)
- Fiona A. James, Deputy Director, AWARN Alliance
- Mark Richer, President, ATSC
- So Vang, Vice President, Advanced Technology, NAB
Learn more about NAB membership.