This enduring activity provides foundational knowledge about people with
disabilities, the health disparities that they experience, and how local health
department staff can include people with disabilities in their public health
programs and services.
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to:
- Name three major types of disability.
- Describe three major health disparities experienced by the population of people with disabilities.
- Provide three examples of accessible features among health department programs and services.
- Explain three benefits to including people with disabilities in health department programs, products and services.
- Describe one way that this educational activity will improve my contribution as a team member.