As we move into the fall athletics season, college and university sports are already facing significant challenges in this COVID era. Issues related to health and safety, budgetary constraints, and student activism prompt a number of questions that require the lens of campus attorneys, both as counsel and strategic thought partner:
- Can institutions appropriately protect student and employee health and hold intercollegiate sporting events?
- Is it wise, or even possible, to have fans in the stands?
- How do these decisions get made, who are the various stakeholders and decision-makers, and how can counsel add value to the process?
- How should clients implement necessary programmatic cuts while maintaining compliance with Title IX and consistent with university values?
- What standards and guidelines has the NCAA promulgated and how can institutions best comply?
- How has the surge in student activism over the summer and beyond played out on campuses?
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will be of interest to in-house and outside counsel to colleges and universities, as well as administrators in the Athletics, Compliance, Human Resources, and others who interface with athletics and recreation issues as well as health and safety issues on campus.