In the weeks since the Supreme Court issued its opinion in the race-conscious admissions cases, the federal and state policy and enforcement frameworks around admissions have already shifted in significant ways with new challenges to legacy admissions and race-conscious scholarships surfacing at an increasing rate.
On June 29, 2023, attendees of the 2023 NACUA Annual Conference gathered for Part 1 in our series, a Live Briefing to hear initial impressions regarding the opinion, its impacts on higher education, and initial considerations for next steps. On July 31, 2023, NACUA offered Part 2, a 45-minute Briefing during which a trio of experts provided a comprehensive summary of the opinion, an overview of the then-current state of litigation and external developments, and practical tips to position your institution for moving forward.
Please join NACUA, for the third installment in this timely and important series, which is a two-hour webinar with the expert panel from the second Briefing returning to cover topics, including:
- Brief overview of the opinion
- 90-day retrospective on emerging trends in impacts to legacy admissions and scholarship administration
- Deep dive into the August 14, 2023, Joint Guidance Documents co-released by the Departments of Education and Justice
- Concrete practical applications to campus policy and practice
- Question-and-answer session with the panel