STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE INSTITUTE
Featuring the NADOHE Standards of Professional Practice for CDOs in Higher Education, 2.0, this program is designed to prepare the next generation of research and practice-based diversity higher education leaders. The Standards of Professional Practice Institute (SPPI) is modeled after other proven and respected professional development programs in higher education. Each day is structured to focus on one or more of the standards of professional practice and will be led by faculty that have served as a college or university chief diversity officer or senior administrator and/or who are leading experts in this field.
- NADOHE’s 2019 SPPI was the most relevant, affirming, and comprehensive professional development experience for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) professionals that I have attended. The experienced faculty were practitioners and scholars. They created the conditions for the participants to dialogue about their professional practice and the skills needed to be an effective DEI practitioner. I emerged from the Institute better prepared to lead impactful DEI initiatives and connected to a new network of institutional changemakers. ~Renée Smith-Maddox, Ph.D., Diversity Liaison Officer, University of Southern California, Dworak-Peck School of Social Work
- Yvette M. Alex-Assensoh, Ph.D., J.D.
Vice President for Equity and Inclusion, University of Oregon
- Rusty Barcelo, Ph.D.
Higher Education Equity & Diversity Consultant
- Archie Ervin, Ph.D.
Vice President, Institute Diversity, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Paulette Granberry Russell, J.D.
Senior Advisor to the President for Diversity (Retired), Michigan State University
- Dr. Merrill Irving Jr.
President, Hennepin Technical College
- Caroline Laguerre-Brown, J.D.
Vice Provost for Diversity, Equity and Community Engagement, The George Washington University
- Kevin McDonald, J.D.
Vice President for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Community Partnerships, University of Virginia
- Elizabeth Ortiz, Ed.D.
Vice President for Institutional Diversity and Equity, Depaul University
- Benjamin Reese, Jr. PsyD
President, BenReese, LLC
Former Vice President, Office for Institutional Equity at Duke University and Duke University Health System
- Robert M. Sellers, Ph.D.
Vice Provost for Equity & Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer, University of Michigan
- Anneliese Singh, Ph.D.
Associate Provost for Diversity and Faculty Development, Tulane University
- Daryl G. Smith, Ph.D.
Senior Research Fellow and Professor Emerita of Education and Psychology, Claremont Graduate University
- Clyde Wilson Pickett, Ed.D.
Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion, University of Pittsburgh
- Roger L. Worthington, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Center for Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Education, University of Maryland, College Park