Earn 2 Federal CE with Lawrence Pon, CPA, EA, USTCP
Self-Study IRS Program Number: X9QQU-U-00626-20-S
As tax preparers, your clients’ keeps bringing you information regarding their energy efficient improvements for the tax credit and you sadly had to tell them that Congress did not extend that provision. Or many of your clients did not exceed the deductible threshold for medical deductions. Now that has changed. This course will review the various provisions that did get extended and for how many years. How about those retroactive extenders? Should you amend?
The SECURE Act makes the biggest changes to retirement plans since 2006. This course will go over the RMD rules and how to deal with the transition rules. We’ll go over the most confusing aspects of the SECURE and help your clients take the best advantage of the changes. There are some surprising provisions in the SECURE that you need to let your clients know about.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the tax extenders.
- Recognize what additional information you will need from your clients this tax season.
- Determine whether it is worthwhile to amend your client’s previous year tax returns.
- Succinctly explain the SECURE Act to your clients.
- Understand the changes made by the SECURE Act.
- Dispel myths and misinformation about the SECURE Act.