Earn two CE Federal Tax with Jessie
Seaman, Esq., EA
February 18, 2020 from 2:00 pm – 3:40 pm EST
Live Online IRS Program Number: X9QQU-T-006634-20-O
Self-Study IRS Program Number: X9QQU-T-00634-20-S
This webinar focuses on IRS Seizures and Summons. The course provides an overview of the authority required to execute seizures and summons. Attendees will be shown the current procedures for how these advanced collection enforcement remedies are executed by the IRS. This course provides Practitioners with foreseeability when a client presents a pressing deadline, usually in the form of a summons or pending seizure. Case examples will be reviewed as well as examples of IRS Seizure notices, Final 9297s, and Summons.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Define what enforcement actions are “seizures” and when/why the IRS chooses to seize assets.
- Understand the procedural requirements before, during, and after a seizure of specific assets.
- Identify the available remedies that are available to taxpayers, pre and post seizure.
- Explain to clients what a summons means and why it was issued, as well as, how the IRS will enforce said summons.
- Educate clients on the consequences of failing to abide by a legally issued summons.