Air Date October 28th, 2:00-4:00 p.m. ET
CE Credits: 2 NAEA CPE
Webinar Series: Future Ready
Speaker: Garrett Wasny
This course provides a concise overview of smart contracts - computer code which automates the “if this happens then do that” part of traditional contracts. The code uses blockchain technology – an online digital ledger system -- to execute and automate transactions when predefined conditions are met. While still early days, smart contracts are on track to disrupt many tax and accounting functions and transform mainstream business processes.
- Review smart contract fundamentals
- Explain how the technology is disrupting core record keeping and many tax and accounting operations
- Highlight smart contract case studies and key lessons learned to date
- Identify major smart contract opportunities and challenges
- Discuss the potential of smart contracts to help enrolled agents to boost their relevance, value, and revenue
Professional Benefits for the Learner
- Understand “oracles” – a core concept in smart contracts and how they link the digital and physical worlds
- Cite how smart contracts differ from traditional paper contracts
- Create your own personalized smart contracts with online retailers (which you may be already using but don’t know it!)
- Explain how smart contracts can be potentially used to automate tax preparation
- Identify leading smart contract developers and how you could potentially collaborate
Who Should Attend
Practitioners who want a basic, non-technical understanding of smart contracts and how to start preparing now to profit from the technology.
Webinar Refund Policy
To request a refund, contact the NAEA education team via email a email@example.com. An NAEA education team member will review the request for refund. If the refund request has been approved, the refund will be refunded on the same method of purchase. Live Webinars, also offered On-Demand Webinars will not be refunded.