Date: May 12th at 3:00 - 4:00pm ET
Speaker: Jessie Seaman
IRS Program#: X9QQU-T-00773-21-O/S
Notice of Federal Tax Lien Remedies
This instructor lead seminar will explain statutory Federal Tax Liens, when a “notice” of Federal Tax Lien (NFTL) may be filed, and remedies available to prevent or alter a notice of Federal Tax Lien (NFTL). The class will discuss in depth lien subordination, lien discharge from property, lien withdraw requests, and lien releases. We will review Advisory timelines and strategies to prevent NFTLs. Finally, it discusses appeal rights in conjunction with the NFTL and recent changes to credit reporting.
- Determine when a statutory federal tax lien is created.
- Identify when the IRS has the authority to file a “notice” of federal tax lien.
- Know the available remedies to taxpayers: Release, Withdrawal, Discharge, and Subordination.
- Understand how a notice of federal tax lien will impact a taxpayer/client.
- Effectively explain to clients how to prevent a notice of federal tax lien and which resolutions require a “lien determination”.