Practical Guide to Writing YOUR Data Security Plan
Air Date: July 27, 2021 4:00 PM to 4:50 PM PT
Speaker: Bill Nemeth, EA
IRS Program #: X9QQU-T-00801-21-S
The key factors of IRS Pub 4557 SAFEGUARDING TAXPAYER DATA (encryption; network security; 2-Factor Authentication; backup strategies; spot data theft; utilize secure portals to safely exchange data with clients; etc.) are reviewed. This information is then incorporated into the templates so that any tax professional can create a tailored Data Security Plan in about 2 hours.
- Understand the key points of IRS Pub 4557 – SAFEGUARDING TAXPAYER DATA – and make them part of their data security plan.
- Present data protection and backup strategies.
- Discuss how to utilize secure portals to safely exchange data with clients.
- Demonstrate how to verify disk drives are healthy and in good working order from the keyboard.
- Assist our clients by making them aware of credit monitoring (Fraud Alerts, credit freezes) as well as explaining to our clients how to “lock” their tax returns using the IRS IP PIN Program. Dependents can be “locked” to a return to prevent others from claiming their tax benefits.
This course qualifies for IRS Continuing Education Hours. NAEA reports IRS CE on a monthly basis. If you have not received your CE Hours in your IRS PTIN Account by the end of the month after receiving the certificate, please contact NAEA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar Refund Policy
To request a refund, contact the NAEA education team via email a email@example.com. An NAEA education team member will review the request for refund. If the refund request has been approved, the refund will be refunded on the same method of purchase. Live Webinars, also offered On-Demand Webinars will not be refunded.
Interested in all of the Special Topics Workshop sessions? Purchase the bundle and receive a discount! Purchase here.