This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
Taxation in the Metaverse
IRS Program #: X9QQU-T-00865-22-O
CTEC #: 6257-CE-0064
CE: 1 IRS credit
Speaker: William E. Rogers, MBA, CFP, EA
This course will introduce the coming Metaverse. We will examine what it is and why does it matter? Finally, this course will examine the possible types of commerce that might be transacted in the Metaverse, and most importantly, how it is going to be taxed.
- To understand what a Metaverse is and how digital assets are created.
- To understand the different ways commerce might be transacted in a Metaverse.
- To provide an overview of the different typos of digital assets
- To understand current taxation of digital assets and potential pitfalls
- To review current gaps in tax law compared against advances in technology and an ever-changing social behavior being conducted virtually.
On Demand: Video recordings will be posted but no on-demand CE is given by purchasing the live certificate program. Must attend all live sessions to receive CE certificate. Content available for 1 year for the live only certificate.
Need a more flexible schedule? The Cryptocurrency Certificate Program - On Demand is available for purchase. Videos will be live in mid July after the live program has completed. Learn more.