Social Security Income Planning, A Natural Fit for Tax Professionals - Sponsored by NARSSA
IRS Program #: X9QQU-T-00880-22-O/S
CE: 1 IRS credit
Speaker: Martha Shedden
Social Security Income Planning, A Natural Fit for Tax Professionals
Tax professionals who have the Social Security expertise to help their clients optimize their claiming strategy are in high demand.
Join us for this presentation covering some of the least understood Social Security claiming considerations.
After a brief overview of the basics, we will cover rules related to
- How non-covered pensions affect Social Security benefits,
- Dependent benefits for minor and adult disabled children,
- The unique claiming strategies available for survivor benefits,
- Pitfalls of the earnings test, and
- Social Security based self-employed tax and retirement planning
Analyses of real client case studies will be shown to provide insight into the claiming complexities and amount of money involved with these examples.
Add a valuable service to your firm and attract new clients with Social Security income planning expertise!
- Identify when a pension may affect your client’s Social Security benefit
- Recall who are dependents of a worker and how their benefits are calculated
- Based on information provided, identify the earnings test rules that would apply to a Social Security beneficiary.
- Given specific client case details, predict the optimal survivor claiming strategy for a widow(er).
This course qualifies for IRS Continuing Education Hours. NAEA reports IRS CE on a monthly basis. If you have not received your CE Hours in your IRS PTIN Account by the end of the month after receiving the certificate, please contact NAEA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar Refund Policy
To request a refund, contact the NAEA education team via email at email@example.com. An NAEA education team member will review the request for refund. If the refund request has been approved, the refund will be refunded on the same method of purchase. Live Webinars, also offered On-Demand Webinars will not be refunded.