This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
Partnerships Certificate Program LIVE - Introduction to Partnerships
IRS Program #: X9QQU-T-00901-22-O
CTEC #: 6257-CE-0106
CE: 2 IRS CE & 2 CTEC credits
Speaker: Jane Ryder EA, CPA
Partnerships and LLCs filing as partnerships, Form 1065, are the second most common business tax return filed in the US, after S corps. This course will review each type of partnership; general partnerships, limited partnerships, PTPs, LLPs, and LLCs filing as partnerships. We'll demonstrate the unique compliance and tax attributes of each type of partnership and the pros and cons of each entity. We'll discuss special income and basis allocations that are available to partners and LLC members including guaranteed payments, state PTET elections, and much more. Also, late filing penalties and other compliance matters.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will understand the different types of partnerships and attributes specific to each type.
- Understand the pros and cons of each type of partnership or LLC partnership
- Develop valuable tax strategies and tax planning moves specific to each type of partnership
- Learn basic income allocation and basis allocations available to partners.
- Review late filing penalties and other compliance matters related to partnerships.